Friday, March 31, 2006

Favorite Childhood Books

Sometimes when I'm shelving the children's books at the library where I work, I'll come across a book that will bring up fond memories of my childhood and I'll secretly smile to myself as I briefly reflect on stories at bedtime when I was a child. These were some of my favorite books in particular:

Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
The Berenstain Bears series (1980's through early 1990's) by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Buster Loves Buttons by Fran Manushkin
Curious George series by J.A. Rey
Dr. Seuss books
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
The Little Critter series (1990's through today) by Mercer Mayer
Mooncake by Frank Asch
Sam and the Firefly by P.D. Eastman

What were some your favorite childhood books?

No comments:

Post a Comment